Diablo 3 Season 9 officially begins tomorrow, following the launch of the Darkening of Tristram anniversary event, and continues the tradition of adding new cosmetic rewards, obtainable by progress through the Season Journey.
Season 9 begins Friday, January 6 at 5:00 p.m. PST in North America, 5:00 p.m. CEST in Europe, and 5:00 p.m. KST in Asia.
For a breakdown of Season Journey changes that have been introduced via Diablo 3 patch 2.4.3, a full readout can be found below:
- The Destroyer and Guardian tiers of the Season Journey will no longer require players to augment an Ancient Legendary item using level 30 or higher and level 40 or higher Legendary gems, respectively
- Along with this, the Conqueror tier now requires players to augment one Ancient Legendary item using a Legendary Gem at level 50 or higher
- Starting with Season 9, players will be able to complete the Sanctuary’s Most Wanted objective in the Season Journey across multiple games
Diablo Season 9 also includes a new cosmetic pet called Rocky and fresh Season Journey Rewards.
Players who have not yet earned a total of four stash tabs via the Season Journey can still unlock an additional stash tab by completing the following tasks at the Conqueror tier:
- Complete a Torment XIII Rift in under 5 minutes
- Complete Greater Rift 60 solo
- Kill Greed on Torment XIII
- Kill the Skeleton King on Torment XIII in under 30 seconds
- Reforge a Legendary or Set item
- Augment an Ancient item with a Level 50 or greater Legendary Gem
- Level three Legendary Gems to 55
- Complete two Conquests
Blizzard have also revealed that a new Class Set via Haedrig’s Gift will be available for completing certain chapters in the Season Journey, some of which are listed below:
- Barbarian – Might of the Earth
- Crusader – Thorns of the Invoker
- Demon Hunter – The Shadow’s Mantle
- Monk – Monkey King’s Garb
- Witch Doctor – Raiment of the Jade Harvester
- Wizard – Firebird’s Finery
Ahead of Diablo 3 Season 9 kicking off, Blizzard have also launched the The Darkening of Tristram event, a new mode where players can return to the original hellish Cathedral.
“An ancient evil stirs in the ruins of Old Tristram, and a mysterious portal has appeared that leads to the halls of an all-too familiar cathedral,” the official Blizzard teaser reads.
“Deep beneath the catacombs, the Dark Lord awaits any intrepid adventurer who dares to challenge him.
“For the month of January, experience an homage to the original events of Diablo, brought to you in glorious RetroVision and filled to the brim with nostalgia-inducing features.
“An evocative audiovisual extravaganza awaits you, as everything from familiar enemies to iconic items have been brought to life in the Diablo III engine. Transmogrification rewards, achievements, and a handful of extra surprises lurk in the depths of this perilous, pixelated dungeon.”
The new Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls anniversary event can be played now on Mac, PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One.